From Bryce Van, Vice President of Finance
We receive frequent requests for updates on the status of the business and its plans. Please know that we hear these requests. As a public company with a large shareholder base, it is my duty as head of investor relations to ensure that all investors have equal and timely access to material information. Investors also seek to clarify previously announced information or learn more about the company’s markets and operations. We manage investor communications through these channels:
- Press releases and/or Current Reports on Form 8-K. These are formal channels for disseminating information that we view as qualitatively or quantitatively significant to the business, such as closing a significant sales contract. To the extent required, press releases will be released in conjunction with 8-K filings to ensure wide dissemination of information under SEC rules.
- Form 10-Q and Form 10-K. These platforms are used to provide the discussion of operations and significant changes within the business. Such disclosures focus on historical results but may include certain forward-looking statements or assumptions.
- Executive Blog. Under this platform, we provide information to clarify public information previously disclosed and provide general updates on the business that often do not rise to the level of significance described above. As we receive multiple requests for information that follow a specific theme, we address them here.
The best way to reach us with questions is through our website. Our staff directs all other investor inquiries to me, to ensure uniform responses. We strive to provide our stakeholders with timely and meaningful information to make informed decisions. Our goal is to commercialize our technology, grow revenues and otherwise improve financial fundamentals, and bring value to our stakeholders.
Zhuzhou Investment in EONTEC
Many of you have asked about the recent announcement made by Dongguan Eontec, Ltd (“EONTEC”) regarding new investments made in the company and changes in their overall ownership structure. According to the announcement, Zhuzhou State-owned Assets Investment Holding Group Co., Ltd. (“Zhuzhou”), a state-sponsored investment vehicle will make a significant investment in EONTEC, resulting in Zhuzhou being the largest shareholder in EONTEC. It is our understanding that the focus of the transaction is to foster the development of promising technologies for the local population and that no fundamental changes in business operations or management structure are expected.
We are not privy to details of this transaction, but we can note the following:
- The Parallel License Agreement with EONTEC remains in place, on its original terms, and we will continue to partner with EONTEC to develop synergies, lower cost solutions for alloy and production tooling, and identifying new applications for the technology.
- Professor Li remains committed to the development of amorphous metal technologies and will not be changing course on this as he continues to lead the operations of both Liquidmetal Technologies and EONTEC.
- Professor Li’s investment in Liquidmetal Technologies continues to be held separate from his investment in EONTEC, and the Zhuzhou transaction will have no impact on our ownership, Board of Directors composition, or operations.
While we do not foresee a need to provide formal updates on this matter, to the extent there are additional related events or circumstances impacting Liquidmetal Technologies we will clarify such developments in future postings.
Sincerely, Bryce Van